Saturday, December 17, 2011

Old News

During the year between college and the rest of my life that I spent living at home, I collected a lot of newspapers. (Why should that chapter in my life be any different from the others?) Some of which are only now being excavated from their rest place of the last 20-plus years.

I collected a lot of pages from the classified section in those days as I looked for work. I'm trying to figure out why I saved page D17 of the Sunday, May 16, 1993 Morning Call. What work was I interested in under the "Miscellaneous" section? The Highlite Models call at the Easton Sheraton? More likely the Lehigh Valley Donor Center ad for paid blood/plasma donors. Fifteen dollars for a half-hour's work? That's more than I make in 2011.

I also saved page B39 from the Saturday, June 19, 1993 edition. I appear to have been setting my sights a bit higher that day: I think the ad I was responding to was for
"Writers: Needed for proposed up scale regional magazine. Free-lance calendar editor & feature writers. 717-264-1856.

No comments:

Post a Comment