Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kitchen Clutter

It's just getting too hard for me to locate important papers (like last year's unfiled tax documents!). So this week I am determined at least to get my financial affairs in order. I'm starting in an unusual place, the kitchen. How many important papers could actually accumulate amid pots and pans and cans and bags of food? You'd be surprised.

The kitchen is the first room one enters from my front door, and it's often the place where I open my mail and store the items that I think I should keep but don't want to deal with at the moment.

And so I never deal with them. That's why I came upon a card from Fresh Direct for a free delivery and $10 off an order (both expired last spring), and lots of Valpak coupons for local restaurants and car services, some of which expired more than a year ago. There's a coffee-stained offer from Dell for savings on an extended warranty, which expire 6/29/08; one from Bay Ridge Sushi that expired 11/15/08; and a 15 percent off coupon for drapes and linens from J.C. Penney.

No comments:

Post a Comment