Friday, December 17, 2010

Afghanistan Victory

To deal with my inability to actually throw things out, I've been exploring a new concept I call "not bringing unnecessary crap into my home in the first place." I'm probably not going to win any gold medals for it, but I like to think I'm only competing against myself.

For example, in the last week I've seen all three parts of the political theater marathon The Great Game: Afghanistan, which meant three separate trips to the Skirball Center on three different days -- three opportunities to acquire Playbills to add to my already large stash.

I showed remarkable willpower by taking a Playbill only the first night I was there. The other two times I only took the short inserts for that particular installment. A small victory but a victory nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment