Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Cleaning

For my birthday on Saturday, I decided to have some friends over. That meant I had to do some cleaning, and I'm moderately proud of what I accomplished. I moved some things that had been sitting on window sills, oh, probably for the three years that I've lived here. I went through lots of Clorox wipes (or at least the generic Target equivalent) cleaning and threw some things out but mostly the clutter was simply shifted from chairs and floor to closets and a storage bin.

So not that much was accomplished, but now that I at least have better organized clutter I can concentrate on cleaning it up one pile at a time. I started by working on a pile in my bedroom today. I organized some stray Playbills that were sitting there and found an old Daily Variety Gotham from the days when I got a free comp subscription. I actually learn some interesting things from reading 8-year-old news, such as that there was once a plan to turn About a Boy into a TV series, that Showtime planned a pilot for a series about NYC politics based on the book The Rackets, starring William Baldwin and directed by Sydney Pollack, that Ashton Kutcher was supposed to make Seriously Dude, Where's My Car? for release in 2004 and that The L Word was originally titled Earthlings?!

No comments:

Post a Comment